First developed in 2008 in conjunction with a world class dump body manufacturer, Body-up Safety Strops provide a safe and lightweight alternative to wire rope truck body-up safety cables (normally closed spelter socket types).
Body-up Safety Strops are an innovative offshoot of the Black Snake Kevlar range of short, high strength strop and have been successfully implemented in Australian and overseas mine-sites.
Body-up Safety Strops are custom made. It is essential that engineering parameters of this product are understood.
- Very flexible, lightweight and easy to handle
- Approximately 50% lighter than comparable standard truck body-up safety steel wire rope with closed spelter wire rope sockets
- Abrasion/cut resistant rubber protects the inner Kevlar fibres from the elements and keeps out oil, water, mud and dust allowing it to be virtually maintenance free and durable
- Easy to install with machined steel eyes which can be supplied at 90° or in the same plane
- Low stretch (4%) and tight dimensional tolerances available
- Individual serial number for traceability
- RFID embedded into the rubber for full traceability if the ID tags are damaged
- Testing available on request
- Optional embedded Gunnebo super shackles or S grade Dee shackles available upon request